Đề thi vào 10 chuyên Anh TP. Hồ Chí Minh năm 2018-2019 kéo dài tới 150 phút. Sau đây là đáp án và giải thích chi tiết đề thi vào lớp 10 Anh chuyên 2018-2019 TP. HCM từ Sprout From Ground.
Bạn đang xem: đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh năm học 2018 - 2019
Ngày 03/06/2018, các thí sinh TP.HCM bước vào phần thi môn tiếng Anh chuyên vào lớp 10. Đề thi năm này vẫn tiếp tục trở thành một trong những đề thi có độ khó cao để các sĩ tử thi vào lớp 10 ôn tập với nhiều cấu trúc cực hay cần các bạn nhớ kĩ.
Đề thi vào 10 Chuyên Anh TP.HCM 2018-2019 bao gồm 5 phần chính: Use of English, Reading, Error Correction, Word Form, Writing (Rewrite, không có phần viết luận). Mỗi phần có rất nhiều câu hỏi, đòi hỏi thí sinh phải phân bổ thời gian hợp lý.
(Tải đề thi, đáp án và phân tích ở cuối trang này)
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO THÀNH PHỐ HỒ CHÍ MINH
KÌ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 THPT – NĂM HỌC 2018-2019
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH (Môn chuyên)
Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút
I. USE OF ENGLISH (3.0 PTS)
PART A: CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER TO FILL IN THE BLANK (1.5 PTS)
1, Every Christmas of my childhood was the same. My father _____ late for lunch, weighed down with presents for the family.
A. would arrive
B. could arrive
C. was arriving
D. got used to arriving
⇨ Thì tương lai trong quá khứ: would + verb dùng để diễn tả một dự đoán cho tương lai mà bạn đã đưa ra trong quá khứ.
⇨ weigh down: trĩu xuống vì phải mang vác vật gì đó nặng
2. If I ____ you a free ticket, would you go to Florence with me?
A. would offer
B. were to offer
C. had offered
D. were offered
⇨ Câu điều kiện loại 2 + cấu trúc be + to V diễn tả 1 giả thuyết
3. “You ___ things. Can’t you be more careful?” said Tom’s mother.
A. always lose
B. are losing
C. always lost
D. are always losing
⇨ be + always + Ving: than phiền vì một thói xấu nào đó của 1 người
4. ____ in the next room, her voice is like ___ of a boy.
A. Hearing/the sound
B. Hearing/the one
D. Having heard/that one
⇨ Cấu trúc rút gọn mệnh đề thành dạng PII, mệnh đề sau dùng thì hiện tại (is) => Dùng Heard
⇨ Không muốn lặp lại her voice is like a boy’s voice => Dùng that of a boy
5. I’d say let’s meet on Saturday but I’m none ____ sure what’s happening at the weekend.
⇨ be none too sure: không quá chắc chắn
6. When the exam is over, I’ll go fishing – _____ I haven’t done for weeks.
7. We’re going to visit the Great Walls. Everybody says this is ______.
A. a too good chance for being lost
B. too good a chance to be lost
C. too good a chance for being lost
D. a too good chance to lose
⇨ Cấu trúc (be) too + adj for sbd to do sth + Dạng bị động => too + adj + N + to be + PII
8. ____, her suggestion is of greater value than her friend’s.
A. All things considered
B. All things considering
C. Considering all things
D. Considered all things
⇨ Cấu trúc rút gọn mệnh đề dạng bị động PII khác chủ ngữ
⇨ All things considered: sau khi cân nhắc kĩ, sau khi suy nghĩ kĩ
9. As far as I am concerned, education is about learning and the more you learn, ______.
A. the more for life are you equipped
B. the more life you equip for
C. the more equipped for life you are
D. the more life you are equipped for
⇨ Cấu trúc the more …, the more …: càng… thì càng
⇨ Có 2 dạng chính: The more + S + V và The adjngắn-er + S + V/ The more + adjdài + S + V
⇨ as far as someone be concerned: theo như suy nghĩ hoặc cảm nhận của ai đó
10. He wants to give his daughters ______ he can afford.
A. all for the best
B. the very best
C. at best
D. what best
⇨ the very best: những thứ tốt nhất
⇨ afford: chu cấp
11. ______ Sam had was gone when she heard that nearly all her classmates had failed to answer the teacher’s question.
A. A little confidence
B. The little confidence
C. Little confidence
D. Little of confidence
⇨ The + N để chỉ những vật xác định
12. ______ the difficulty of the task, I shall be lucky to have completed it by June.
⇨ Cấu trúc rút gọn mệnh đề bị động ở đầu câu có chung chủ ngữ: PII + O, clause
13. Diana took a course in shorthand and typing ____ applying for a secretary job.
A. on account of
B. with a view to
C. with a reason for
D. for fear of
⇨ on account of + N/Ving = because of: bởi vì
⇨ with a view to doing sth = with the aim of doing sth: với ý định làm gì
⇨ with a reason for: bởi vì
⇨ for fear of = so as not to: do sợ hãi điều gì đó sẽ xảy ra
14. Jessica has bungled every task her boss has given her so far. ______, he’s prepared to give her one last chance.
⇨ bungle: làm cẩu thả, làm hỏng việc, làm lộn xộn
⇨ Notwithstanding + N: Mặc dù
⇨ Instead: Thay vì
⇨ Furthermore: Hơn nữa
⇨ Nevertheless: Tuy nhiên, tuy thế mà
15. The restaurant is popular with film stars and the _____.
⇨ the like: tương tự
16. Tom’s decision to leave university after a year is one he now ____ regrets.
⇨ deeply regret: hối hận sâu sắc
17. Pollutants in this river are increasing _____ – something must be done about it immediately.
⇨ chillingly: lạnh gáy
⇨ utterly: hoàn toàn, cực kì
⇨ rigorously: chặt chẽ, khắt khe
⇨ alarmingly: đáng lo ngại, đáng báo động
18. Although his paintings are abstract, the artist _____ inspiration from the natural world.
⇨ abstract: trừu tượng
⇨ find/get/draw inspiration: tìm kiếm nguồn cảm hứng
19. She _____ with pleasure at the unexpected compliment.
⇨ grin at sbd: cười toe toét
⇨ glare at sbd: nhìn chằm chằm, nhìn giận dữ
⇨ beam: cười rạng rỡ (thường đi với with + N tích cực: pleasure/joy/pride/happiness…)
⇨ laugh at sbd: cười to vào mặt ai
⇨ compliment: lời khen, lời ca tụng
20. As Jane lay in her cabin, she heard the gentle sound of waves ____ against the hull.
⇨ lapping wave: sóng vỗ
⇨ hull: thân tàu thủy
21. David was so ____ by the beauty of Ha Long Bay that he instantly decided to move there.
⇨ capture: bắt được, chiếm được
⇨ captivate: làm say đắm, quyến rũ
⇨ accumulate: chồng chất, tích lũy
⇨ beckon: vẫy tay ra hiệu
22. Many species of fish have ____ ways of protecting their eggs from predators.
⇨ predator: động vật ăn thịt
⇨ ingenious: tài tình, mưu trí
⇨ indicative: ngụ ý
⇨ inspiring: truyền cảm hứng
⇨ ingenuous: chân thật ngây thơ
23. No one knows how the rival company got ___ of the plans for their new marketing campaign.
⇨ rival company: công ty đối địch
⇨ get wind of: nghe được tiếng gió, biết được phong thanh
24. Family relationships later ____ a great significance in his life.
A. built up
B. kept on
C. took on
D. made up
⇨ build up: xây bít đi, xây dựng dần dần lên, tập hợp
⇨ keep on: tiếp tục
⇨ take on: bắt đầu ảnh hưởng, bắt đầu có
⇨ make up: hình thành, bịa đặt
25. For non-relative speakers, it is not unusual for understanding to ____ when listening to others’ conversations in English.
A. fall away
B. break down
C. give up
D. set out
⇨ fall away: rời bỏ, héo mòn đi, biến đi
⇨ break down: phân tích
⇨ give up: từ bỏ
⇨ set out: tô điểm, sắp đặt, trưng bày
26. Since we had only one day left, we decided to make an ___ effort to finish the run in record time.
⇨ make an all-out effort: hoàn thành với tất cả sự cố gắng có thể
27. Julian is one of the many young, ____ artists to be taken on recently by an important gallery.
⇨ bottom-up: để ý phần không quan trọng trước
⇨ up-and-coming: có khả năng thành công trong thời gian tới
⇨ top-down: quyết định được đưa ra bởi một vài người có thẩm quyền thay vì người bị chịu ảnh hưởng bởi quyết định đó
⇨ out-and-out: hoàn toàn (để nhấn mạnh một trải nghiệm khó chịu từ người hoặc sự vật nào đó)
28. Jimmy’s not interested in the ___. He just wants to know the plain facts.
A. cut and thrust
B. hue and cry
C. ifs and buts
D. part and parcel
⇨ cut and thrust: những luận điểm tranh luận thú vị
⇨ hue and cry: biểu hiện ồn áo của sự tức giận hoặc từ chối công khai
⇨ no ifs and buts: nhanh nhanh làm việc mà đừng có than phiền
⇨ part and parcel: một phần quan trọng của một trải nghiệm không thể tránh khỏi
29. – Mai: ____? – Lan: I’m pretty busy right now. I’m doing my homework because I have an exam tomorrow.
A. How is your day going?
B. How are you doing?
C. What do you do?
D. What are you doing here?
⇨ How is your day going? : Ngày của bạn thế nào? => Bạn thế nào trong cả ngày hôm nay?
⇨ How are you doing? = How are you?
⇨ What do you do? = What is your job?
⇨ What are you doing here? : Bạn đang làm gì thế? => hỏi về hành động đang diễn ra tại thời điểm nói của người được hỏi
30. – Student 1: Excuse me! Could you show me the way to the library?
– Student 2: Sorry, I’m new here
– Student 1: _______
A. Not at all
B. Bad luck.
C. No problem.
D. Thank you all the same.
⇨ Not at all: Không có gì => Nói câu này khi người nói đã giúp được người hỏi
⇨ Bad luck: Xui quá => Không lịch sự
⇨ No problem: Không vấn đề chi = You’re welcome => Nói câu này khi người nói đã giúp được người hỏi và người hỏi cảm ơn
⇨ Thank you all the same: Dù sao cũng cảm ơn bạn rất nhiều nhé
PART B: CHOOSE THE WORD OR PHRASE THAT BEST FITS EACH SPACE IN THE FOLLOWING PASSAGE. (1.5 PTS)
In recent years, ready-made meals have (1) ______ Britain’s eating (2) _____. Britons now spend four times as much as the Italians on ready-made meals and six times more than the Spanish. (3) ______ for instant meals has increased across Europe as a (4) _____, but why has Britain become the (5) ______ European capital of ready-made food, second only in the world to America?
Convenience is (6) ______ of the attraction. A recent survey (7) ______ that 77 percent of purchasers said they only bought ready meals when they did not have time to cook. Dr Susan Jebb, head of nutrition at the Medical Research Council, said: ‘People in the UK work the longest hours, we are very time-poor, and we don’t have a strong (8) ______ history of cooking.’
The ready-made meal boom also reflects changing social (9) ______ in Britain. More people live alone and so are less likely to be (10) ______ to cook. And with families eating together less often, ready meals allow people to eat what they want when they want. Julia Michna, of Marks and Spencer, says that ready meals also reflect changing (11) ______ in food. ‘Britain’s multiculturalism has brought a (12) ______ range of restaurants than other European countries, and ethnic cuisines, which people are often scared of cooking from (13) _______, are (14) ________ more popular. One quarter of (15) _________ meals are Indian, and nearly one in five are Chinese.
1. A. amended B. adjusted C. transferred D. transformed
⇨ amend: cải thiện
⇨ adjust: điều chỉnh, thích ứng
⇨ transfer: dời, chuyển, dọn (từ chỗ này sang chỗ khác), chuyển nhượng
⇨ transform: biến đổi, thay đổi hoàn toàn vè ngoài hoặc tính chất của ai/cái gì
2. A. ways B. forms C. habits D. manners
⇨ habits: thói quen, tập quán
⇨ manners: cách ứng xử
3. A. Request B. Order C. Demand D. Charge
⇨ demand: nhu cầu
4. A. conclusion B. total C. result D. whole
⇨ as a whole: nói chung, toàn bộ, tất cả
5. A. unclaimed B. unclassified C undefeated D. undisputed
⇨ unclaimed: không bị đòi hỏi, không bị yêu sách
⇨ unclassified: (tài liệu) không được coi là bí mật
⇨ undefeated: chưa từng bị đánh bại, chưa ai thắng nổi
⇨ undisputed: không thể nghi ngờ, không thể phản bác
6. A. element B. piece C. part D. share
⇨ part of: một phần của
7. A. found B. made C. put D. gave
8. A. traditional B. cultural C. modern D. customary
⇨ traditional: thuộc về truyền thống
⇨ cultural: thuộc về văn hóa
⇨ customary: theo phong tục thông thường
9. A. trends B. temptations C. drifts D. movements
⇨ social trends: xu hướng xã hội
10. A. offended B. bothered C worried D. disturbed
⇨ offend: xúc phạm
⇨ bother: lo lắng
⇨ worry about: lo lắng, lo nghĩ
⇨ disturb: làm phiền, quấy rầy
11. A. desires B. likings C. tastes D. wishes
⇨ taste: vị giác, sở thích
12. A. longer B. deeper C. harder D. wider
⇨ a wide range of = a variety of: đa dạng
13. A. scratch B. beginning C. memory D. nowhere
⇨ cook from scratch: tự nấu ăn từ những nguyên liệu tươi, chưa được chế biến
14. A. very B. lot C. far D. such
⇨ far more: càng
15. A. chilled B. decent C. meager D. junk
⇨ chilled meal: thực phẩm đã được nấu rồi đem đi đông lạnh để bán cho khách hàng
READING (3.5 PTS)
PART A: READ THE PASSAGE AND CHOOSE THE BEST ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS (1.0 PT)
The radical change in the land’s surface that results when rural areas are transformed into cities is a significant cause of the rise in temperature in cities that is known as urban heat island.
Xem thêm: al2o3 >
First, the tall buildings and the concrete and asphalt of the city absorb and store greater quantities of solar radiation than do the vegetation and soil typical of rural areas.
In addition, because the concrete and asphalt are impermeable, the runoff of water following a rain is rapid, resulting in a severe reduction in the evaporation rate. So heat that once would have been used to convert liquid water to a gas goes instead to increase the surface temperature further.
At night, although both city and countryside cool through radiation losses, the stone-like surface of the city gradually releases the additional heat accumulated during the day, keeping the urban air warmer than that of the outlying areas.
Part of the urban temperature rise must also be attributed to waste heat from such sources as home heating and air conditioning, power generation, industry, and transportation. Many studies have shown that the magnitude of human-made energy in metropolitan areas is equal to a significant percentage of the energy received from the Sun at the surface.
Investigations in Sheffield, England, and Berlin showed that the annual heat production in these cities was equal to approximately one-third of that received from solar radiation. Another study of the densely built-up Manhattan section of New York City revealed that during the winter the quantity of heat produced from combustion alone was two and one-half times greater than the amount of solar energy reaching the ground. In summer the figure dropped to one-sixth.
It is interesting to note that during the summer there is a mutual reinforcement between the higher nighttime temperatures of the city and the human-made heat that helped create them. That is, the higher temperatures result in the increased use of air conditioners, which, in turn, use energy and further increase the amount of urban heat. During the winter the nighttime warmth of urban areas, produced in large part by heavy energy consumption, is beneficial because less energy is needed to heat buildings.
1. What does the passage mainly discuss?
A. The loss of farmland to urban development
B. The causes of increased heat in cities
C. Waste heat generated by home heating and air conditioning
D. How seasonal change affects the temperature of cities.
⇨ The radical change in the land’s surface that results when rural areas are transformed into cities is a significant cause of the rise in temperature in cities that is known as urban heat island.
2. All of the following contribute to the urban heat island effect EXCEPT
A. absorption of heat from the Sun
B. storage of heat from the Sun
C. an increased rate of evaporation after a rainfall
D. the release of heat at night from city surfaces
⇨ the tall buildings and the concrete and asphalt of the city absorb and store greater quantities of solar radiation than do the vegetation and soil typical of rural areas.
⇨ At night, although both city and countryside cool through radiation losses, the stone-like surface of the city gradually releases the additional heat accumulated during the day, keeping the urban air warmer than that of the outlying areas
3. The word convert in the passage is closest in meaning to
⇨ convert: biến đổi
⇨ reverse: đảo ngược
⇨ transform: biến đổi
⇨ reduce: giảm
⇨ compare: so sánh
4. The word that in the passage refers to
⇨ At night, although both city and countryside cool through radiation losses, the stone-like surface of the city gradually releases the additional heat accumulated during the day, keeping the urban air warmer than that of the outlying areas.
5. In which of the following locations would the rate of evaporation probably be highest?
A. A rural area
B. A small town
C. A medium-sized city
D. A big city
⇨ In addition, because the concrete and asphalt are impermeable, the runoff of water following a rain is rapid, resulting in a severe reduction in the evaporation rate.
⇨ Thêm vào đó, bởi vì bê tông và nhựa đường không thấm nước, dòng chảy mặt sau cơn mưa rất nhanh, gây ra giảm tốc độ bay hơi nghiêm trọng => Những thành phố sẽ có tốc độ bay hơi thấp => Tốc độ bay hơi cao nhất là ở khu vực nông thôn
6. The word magnitude in the passage is closest in meaning to
A. calculation B. comprehension C. extent D. formation
⇨ magnitude: cường độ, độ lớn
⇨ calculation: sự tính toán
⇨ comprehension: sự bao hàm
⇨ extent: quy mô
⇨ formation: sự thành lập
7. The author mentions Manhattan in order to demonstrate that
A. heat in urban areas can be reduced
B. the conclusions of the investigation in Sheffield were wrong
C. its heat production is smaller than that of Berlin
D. human-made heat can exceed the solar energy that reaches the ground in winter
⇨ Another study of the densely built-up Manhattan section of New York City revealed that during the winter the quantity of heat produced from combustion alone was two and one-half times greater than the amount of solar energy reaching the ground.
8. According to the passage, an important consequence of the use of air conditioners at night is
A. greater energy costs
B. higher levels of urban heat
C. serious problems with the energy supply
D. less need for air conditioning in the morning
⇨ That is, the higher temperatures result in the increased use of air conditioners, which, in turn, use energy and further increase the amount of urban heat.
9. The word beneficial in the passage is closest in meaning to
A. predictable B. powerful C. hazardous D. advantageous
⇨ beneficial: có ích, có lợi
⇨ predictable: có thể đoán trước
⇨ powerful: mạnh mẽ
⇨ hazardous: mạo hiểm, nguy hiểm
⇨ advantageous: có lợi
10. Which of the following is true about cities at night in the winter?
A. Solar energy has an increased impact on the urban heat island.
B. They tend to be colder than rural areas.
C. Less energy is required to heat buildings.
D. Human-made energy creates a larger area of total heat than solar energy.
⇨ During the winter the nighttime warmth of urban areas, produced in large part by heavy energy consumption, is beneficial because less energy is needed to heat buildings.
PART B: REARRANGE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES SO THAT THEY MAKE A MEANINGFUL REVIEW OF A COMPUTER GAME. (0.5 PT)
- A selection of viewpoints, including a breakneck ‘biker’s eye view’ are offered. This game will push your skills and patience to the limit. 5
- There are 10 tracks, of which three are available at the outset. Only by scoring gold in both classes on all of these can you gain access to the next three, and so on. 3
- Wonder Racer succeeds in bringing the body-breaking speed of time-trial biking to the PC, but its difficulty may leave you shaking. The approach is simple and unsophisticated. 1
- The courses are a fictitious mix of country lanes, exotic beaches and snowy mountain passes. The 3-D is excellent in its speed, smoothness and level of detail. 4
- There are only three controls, far fewer than in many other modern games. Players start by selecting one of sixteen riders, from a set of teams. 2
PART C: SUPPLY EACH BLANK WITH ONE SUITABLE WORD. (2.0 PTS)
It is forecast that we can look forward to working (1) _fewer__ hours in the future, but it is necessary for health and tranquility to work a certain (2) __number______ of hours per week, ideally doing a variety of jobs – something schools have always known. It may be that house building will meet this need. It is a very basic human instinct. Gardening is a related activity. It is already (3) ___cheaper_____ to cultivate many fruits and vegetables than to buy them in the shops and the house of the next decade should take this into (4) __account______.
(5) _____Another___ important question is that of energy conservation. The proportion of income (6) __spent______ on keeping warm is steadily going up, and, with the cost of energy likely to double in real terms during the next ten years or (7) ___so_____, many large badly-insulated old houses will become extremely expensive to use. The demand will be (8) ____for____ small, well-insulated homes located in warm protected areas and making the best (9) ___use_____ of the sun’s warmth. Efficient heating units will be of prime importance. At (10) __present______, we waste a lot of space in planning rooms which are awkward to use.
⇨ look forward to + Ving: trông mong
⇨ a number of: một số
⇨ meet a need: đáp ứng một nhu cầu
⇨ take sth into account: tính đến, xem xét
⇨ spend on: sử dụng
⇨ make the best use of: tận dụng nhất
⇨ at present = at the moment: vào thời điểm hiện tại
We live surrounded by objects and systems that we take for (1) ___granted_____, but which profoundly affect the way we behave, think, work, play, and in general lead our (2) ___lives_____. Look, for example, at the place in which you are reading this now, and see how much of (3) ____what____ surrounds you is understandable, how much of it you could actually build yourself or repair (4) ___if_____ it cease to function. When we start the car or press the (5) __button______ in the elevator, or buy food in the supermarket, we gave no (6) __thought______ to the complex devices or systems that make the car move, or the elevator rise, or the food appear on the shelves. Throughout this century we have become increasingly dependent on the products of (7) ___technology_____. They have already changed our lives: at the simplest (8) ___level_____, the availability of transport has made us physically less fit than our ancestors. Many people are alive only because they have been given (9) ____immunity____ to disease through drugs. The vast majority of the world’s population relies on the ability of technology to provide and transport food. We are unable to feed and clothe or keep (10) ____ourselves____ warm without technology.
⇨ be surrounded by: được vây quanh bởi
⇨ take for granted: không bao giờ nghĩ đến vì đã cho nó là điều hiển nhiên, có sẵn, không thay đổi
⇨ lead our lives: dẫn dắt cuộc sống của chúng ta
⇨ repair if it (should) crease
⇨ press the button: nhấn nút
⇨ give thought to: suy nghĩ về
⇨ be dependent on: phụ thuộc vào
⇨ the products of technology: sản phẩm của công nghệ
⇨ at the simplest level: ở cấp độ đơn giản nhất
⇨ the vast majority of: phần lớn
⇨ rely on: phụ thuộc vào
⇨ be unable to: không thể
III. ERROR CORRECTION (0.5 PT)
IDENTIFY THE FIVE (05) MISTAKES IN THE FOLLOWING PASSAGE AND CORRECT THEM.
An ecosystem is a group of animals and plants living in a specific region and interact with one another and with their physical environment. Ecosystems include physical and chemical components, such as soils, water, and nutritions that support the organisms living there. These organisms may range from large animals to microscopic bacteria. Ecosystems also can be thought of as the interactions among all organisms in a given habitat; for instance, one species may serve as food for other. People are part of the ecosystems where they live and work. Human activities can harm or destroy local ecosystems unless actions such as land development for housing or businesses are careful planned to conserve and sustain the ecology of the area. An important part of ecosystem management involves finding ways to protect and enhance economical and social well-being while protecting local ecosystems.
– interact -> interacting
– nutritions -> nutrients
– other -> others
– careful -> carefully
– economical -> economic
IV. WORD FORMS (1.0 PT)
SUPPLY THE APPROPRIATE FORMS OF WORDS IN THE BRACKETS.
1. His tour was cut _disappointedly_ short due to his illness. (appoint)
⇨ Vthường + adv1 + adv2 để bổ sung tính chất của adv2
2. Since the city center became a(n) _traffic-free_ pedestrian area, shopping has been a more pleasant experience. (traffic)
⇨ traffic-free pedestrian area: phố đi bộ cấm các phương tiện giao thông
3. I’ve _bookmarked_ the CNN homepage as I use it regularly to get the latest news. (mark)
⇨ bookmark (v): đánh dấu => S + have + PII
4. The __devotees__ at the temple are bringing heart for peace and prosperity. (devotion)
⇨ devotee (n): tín đồ => The + N
5. A(n) __fast-paced__ life, lack of physical activity, stressful jobs, and bad habits can influence one’s health in a very bad way, (pace)
⇨ fast-paced (adj): nhịp độ nhanh => A + adj + N
6. Officials urged caution in anticipation of catastrophic and __life-threatening__ flooding in the days to come. (threat)
⇨ life-threatening (adj): nguy hiểm đến tính mạng => adj + N
7. The store manager explained __apologetically__ that only certain items were sold at a discount. (apology)
⇨ apologetically (adv): một cách đầy xin lỗi => Vthường + adv
8. Women are traditionally supposed to be good at _multitasking_ (task)
⇨ multitasking (gerund): làm được nhiều việc => be good at + N/Ving
9. The recent events __underscore_ the need for a better understanding of the environmental impact of biotechnology. (score)
⇨ underscore (v): nhấn mạnh => S + V +…
10. _On-the-spot_ fines may be issued for careless driving and other offenses. (spot)
⇨ on-the-spot (adj): tại chỗ => adj + N
V. WRITING (2.0 PTS)
REWRITE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES WITHOUT CHANGING THE MEANING. YOU HAVE TO USE THE EXACT WORD GIVEN IN BRACKETS FOR EACH SENTENCE.
1. I think you should get someone to fix the computer. (fixed)
I would prefer it ____ if you got/ had the computer fixed ____
⇨ Câu điều kiện loại 2: S + would + Vinfi +… if + S + Ved +…
⇨ Bị động với cấu trúc nhờ vả: have sbd do sth/get sbd to do sth => have/get sth done
2. Jack was so nervous that his mind couldn’t function properly. (straight)
Such ___ was Jack’s nervousness that he could not think straight ___
⇨ Cấu trúc đảo ngữ của such…that: Such + be + (a/an) + N + that +…
3. Suddenly, the management said it was important for us to wear dark suits to the meeting. (once)
The management insisted ___that we wear/ on our wearing dark suits to the meeting all at once____
⇨ insist that + S + (should) + V
infi= insist on + Ving = insist on + object (his/her/our) + Ving
⇨ all at once: đột ngột, không báo trước
4. To say briefly, this school regulation cannot be abolished right away. (do)
In a ___ nutshell, they cannot do away with this school regulation __
⇨ briefly: một cách ngắn gọn
⇨ in a nutshell: một cách ngắn gọn
⇨ abolish: bỏ
⇨ do away with sth: bỏ, dừng sử dụng cái gì
5. Trying to persuade someone to agree with you can be a formidable task. (view)
Trying to bring _ someone around/ round to your (point of) view can be a formidable task _
⇨ bring sbd around: thuyết phục ai đó đồng ý với ý kiến của mình
6. Anna inherited a fortune when her father died. (into)
After the __ death of her father, Anna came into a fortune __
⇨ come into = inherit: thừa kế
7. We were not late for school because you took us in your car. (time)
If it hadn’t been for _ the lift you gave us, we wouldn’t have gone to school in time __
⇨ on time: đúng giờ, không chậm trễ
⇨ in time: vừa kịp lúc
8. I managed to finish the task, but it was difficult. (succeed)
Only with ___ difficulty did I succeed in finishing the task __
⇨ Đảo ngữ với only: Only with + N + auxi + S + V +…
9. Although she didn’t agree with the management’s decision, Chloe was forced to accept it. (choice)
Much __ as she disagreed/ didn’t agree with the management’s decision, Chloe had no choice/ was left with no choice but/ other than to accept it __
⇨ Much as = Although
⇨ Leave someone with no choice = Someone have no choice but to do sth/other than to do sth: Ai đó không có lựa chọn nào khác ngoài
10. Fred didn’t tell Sophie his news until she had finished her homework. (telling)
Fred waited ___ for Sophie to finish her homework before telling her his news __
⇨ before + Ving
THE END OF THE TEST
Xem thêm: h2so4 fe2o3
Link tải về:
|BẠN CÓ THỂ TẢI VỀ TẠI:|
|Đề thi: link|
Đáp án + Phân tích: link