Sulphuric acid and silver are two inorganic compounds which reacts to tát sườn salts. Let us see, how reaction takes place between them
Bạn đang xem: ag h2so4
H2SO4 + Ag undergo reaction by replacing one element with another in a compound. H2SO4 comes in category of mineral acids, known in antiquity as oil of vitriol. However, silver is lustrous, white transition metal with atomic number 47, generally found in miễn phí elemental sườn in the earth crust.
In this article, we will learn about the type of reaction that occurs when H2SO4 and Ag react, as well as its characteristics.
What is the product of H2SO4 and Ag
H2SO4 + Ag leads to tát formation of water, sulfur dioxide and silver sulfate.
What type of reaction is H2SO4 and Ag
Single displacement reaction and redox reaction takes place between H2SO4 and Ag.
How to tát balance H2SO4 + Ag
H2SO4 +Ag → AgSO4 + H2O + SO2
Due to tát the difference in molecule counts between the reactants and products, this reaction needs to tát be balance using the following steps.
- Step 1: we have to tát tag both reactant and product side with additional variable to tát represent the unknowable coefficients.
- A H2SO4 + B Ag= C Ag2SO4 + D SO2 + F H2O
- Step 2: The expressed coefficients are used as alphabetical reactants and products.
- H=2A+2F, S=A+C+D, O= 4A+2D+F, Ag=B+2C
- Step 3: Add the coefficient values into the elimination method to tát estimate them.
- A= 2, B=2, C=1, D=1, F=2.
- Step 4: The balanced equation is
- 2H2SO4 + 2Ag = Ag2SO4 + SO2 + 2H2O.
H2SO4 + Ag titration
Titration between H2SO4 and Ag will not take place, because Ag being metal does not show reaction with acid. So, it does not show acid base titration.
H2SO4 + Ag net ionic equation
For given reaction, net ionic equations is:
2H+ + Ag → Ag+2 + H2
To derive the net ionic equation following steps are used:
- Every compound’s phase should be written into a balanced molecular equation.
- H2SO4(Aq) + Ag (s) → AgSO4 (Aq) + H2(g)
- The aqueous salts or compounds present in the equation must be converted to tát ions. Only the strong electrolytes should be broken down because they totally dissociate.
- 2H+ + SO4-2 + Ag → Ag+2 + SO4-2 + H2
- The spectator ions must be cancelled out.
- So the net ionic equation is
- 2H+ + Ag → Ag+2 + H2
H2SO4 + Ag conjugate pairs
- In H2SO4, the conjugate base is HSO4-.
- Ag tự not have conjugate ion because it comes under category of metals.
H2SO4 and Ag intermolecular forces
- H2SO4 shows London dispersion forces because of presence of Momentary areas of positive and negative charge.
- Ag2SO4 shows ionic bond, because of interaction between oppositely charged species.
- H2O shows dipole-induced dipole forces, London dispersion force and hydrogen bonds too.
- SO2 shows dipole-dipole interaction.
H2SO4 and Ag reaction enthalpy
Reaction enthalpy between H2SO4 and Ag is 53.7 KJ/mol. The number of moles and corresponding enthalpies of each compound that is a reactant or product in the reaction are as follows.
Change in enthalpy = addition of enthalpies of formation of product – addition of enthalpies of formation of reactant.
Xem thêm: bao co2
Enthalpy change = [-715.9 + 2(-280.7) + (-297)] – [ 2(-814.4) + 2(0)]
= -1574.3 + 1628
= 53.7 kJ/mol.
Is H2SO4 + Ag a buffer solution
H2SO4+Ag does not produce a buffer solution. Because H2SO4 being strong acid, undergoes complete dissociation into ions.
Is H2SO4 and Ag a complete reaction
H2SO4 + Ag is complete reaction, which leads to tát formation of silver (1) sulphate along with water and Sulphur dioxide.
Is H2SO4 + Ag an exothermic or endothermic reaction
H2SO4 + Ag is endothermic in nature, which absorbs heat from system or surrounding.
Is H2SO4 + Ag a redox reaction
H2SO4 + Ag is a redox reaction because H2SO4 undergo reduction by acting as an oxidizing agent or oxygen atom transfer while, silver undergo oxidation by changing its oxidation state.
Is H2SO4 + Ag a precipitation reaction
H2SO4 + Ag shows precipitation reaction, which leads to tát formation of partially soluble salt Ag2SO4.
Is H2SO4 + Ag reversible or irreversible reaction
H2SO4 + Ag shows irreversible reaction. Formation of precipitate show reaction cannot be changed back into reactants.
Is H2SO4 + Ag displacement reaction
H2SO4 + Ag is single displacement reaction. Displacement takes place between H2SO4 and Ag, resulting in Ag2SO4.
Sulphuric acid undergo reaction with silver giving silver sulphate and byproducts. Ag2SO4 is white solid which is partially soluble in water and forms precipitate. This reaction acts as redox and single displacement reaction by absorbing heat energy from surrounding.
Xem thêm: feso4+bacl2